New Visitation Guidelines Go Into Effect 7/12/21
Visitation Guidelines to go into effect 7/12/21
This is a set of guidelines for visitation, the facility will continue to re-evaluate the processes put into place in case adjustments need to be made. Should there be an outbreak in the facility or County Positivity Rate rises, the rules of visitation will need to be adjusted according to CMS/DOH Regulations. Please be kind to the staff, they are only following the rules that we are regulated to follow. If you do have a question or a situation that might not fit into the rules below, please ask to speak to the NHA, DON, or Infection Control Nurse. Your feedback helps us to develop better policies and it is important to us to be compassionate about you and your loved ones needs if there is anyway that we can make it happen while staying compliant.
- Visitation will be Sunday – Thursday 10:30 am – 6:30 pm.
- Length of visit will not be restricted, but visitors will need to arrive during the above screening times.
- A staff member will be stationed at the main entrance Sunday – Thursday to open the door for visitors and to help with the screening of visitors. All visitors must be screened.
- All visitors must wear a mask when entering facility and mask must remain in place unless visiting a vaccinated resident in a private setting.
- Visitors will need to sign in and provide contact information in case it is needed for contact tracing in the event of an outbreak and to notify visitor if they have had an exposure.
- There may be times that a visitor may have to wait at the door for the screener to return in the event that they need to leave their post for a few minutes to assist another resident and visitor to get their visit started.
- We do not need to see proof of vaccination status for visitors.
- Outdoor visits are the preferred type of visit.
- Visitors should only be in hall when going to a room for visit and when exiting the building or to use public restrooms. Visitors should avoid contact with other residents and staff. When in a room, if something is needed, please use the call bell for assistance.
- Screener will have a list of residents who are vaccinated or not vaccinated along with a room list, map of facility, and Activities Schedule. Please remember HIPPA and that we cannot share with visitor’s a roommates vaccination status.
- West wing (yellow zone) will continue with NO visitation during the quarantine period unless a Compassionate visit has been authorized. Authorization of Compassionate visits will be documented in the resident’s chart. Staff should look in resident’s chart for approval of compassionate visits.
- Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Residents in Private rooms may have in room visits. Vaccinated residents and visitors may remove masks while in room visiting and do not need to social distance. Unvaccinated residents and visitors should keep masks on and maintain social distancing. Mask should be reapplied when exiting room to leave facility.
- In semi-private rooms, if both residents in room are vaccinated. Visitors may visit in room but should wear a mask while visiting. If mask removal is desired for a visitation with a vaccinated resident, the visit should occur in a private setting or outdoors.
- In semi-private rooms, if one resident is not vaccinated. Visitors will need to visit with vaccinated resident in a designated private area or outdoors.
- In semi-private rooms, if unvaccinated resident has visitors. Visitors will need to visit with unvaccinated resident in a designated private area. Visitors and residents should wear masks and maintain social distancing.
- Designated private areas include: All dining rooms (if visit does not occur during a meal time), Front Rec Room, Front Porch, Sun Room at the end of South Hall, Kitchenette at the end of South Hall.
- Outings are permitted for all residents regardless of vaccination status, however unvaccinated residents and visitors of unvaccinated residents should wear a mask during their outing and should avoid groups while out of facility. An outing education form should be completed prior to outing occurring. Each visitor will need to complete this once and does not need to be completed for the same visitor with every outing.
- In facility visits are limited to no more than 2 visitors regardless of age. If more than 2 visitors at a time is desired, this visit will need to occur outdoors.
- Vaccinated residents who would like to eat with their visitors is permitted, but will need to occur in a private setting. Unvaccinated residents may not eat with their visitors, but may receive food to eat at a later time.